zen motherhood, a long explanation...

I struggled to come up with a very profound first post.
So suffice it to say, after struggling with my 2 1/2 year old, again, to go to bed, and picking up the house that looks like a small rodent has turned everything upside down, I am writing- profound or not.
This is my mission statement if you will. I work in IT so I have a tendency to think in project mode.

I decided to start a blog since I feel I finally have something useful to say. I became a mom 2 1/2 years ago, a step-mom 3 years ago, and am quite certain that my spiral towards insanity coincides with that time frame.
If you are a mom, you will understand. It sounds dramatic to a non-mom and to veteran moms it's almost comical but I thought perhaps now I have something to share.
If you are a mom of any tenure you will understand that we all at some point try to find SOMEthing to help with the insanity. Some do yoga, others do pilates. Some start a blog, or the better ones write a book. I have turned to zen buddhism.
To be clear, I'm not a Buddhist, per the social stereotype, I don't don the robes and chant. But the ideology I find calming and helpful in dealing with the craziness of motherhood, so I hope to pass a little bit of that on too.
Most importantly, this blog is my attempt at making motherhood funny. Sometimes life, and parenting, is just so heavy.
So I invite you to read and comment but most importantly to laugh just a little.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving to Barbados: The Dog

Barbados Life: If You Need to Pay Your Power Bill

Barbados Life: Huffman Edwards takes World Rally Championship Ladies' Cup